We assume companies would not sell us products that may cause health concerns, right? Sadly, we are exposed to chemicals in almost every aspect of our lives! There are toxins in the air we breathe, the water we drink, the foods we eat, the beauty and skincare products we apply, the household cleaners we use in our home, and the list goes on and on. It is safe to say that it is not a matter of IF we have harmful chemicals in our system, but HOW MANY!
We all know that chemicals like Agent Orange or DES or Chemotherapy are really toxic. We try to avoid getting pesticides on our skin and we try not to breathe deep when walking through a cloud of fumes. Do we consider how toxic the day-to-day chemicals are that surround us? You are likely getting a high dose of chemicals from shampoo, toothpaste, soap, deodorant, hair conditioner, lip balm, sunscreen, body lotion, shaving products and cosmetics. What about what your children are exposed to? On a daily basis, you might rub, spray, or pour items such as: sunscreen, diaper cream, shampoo, lotion, or insect repellant on their skin. Your home and your body are the only things in this world you have the ability to preserve and protect. Are you ensuring your home and environment are safe or are they another hazard zone?
Informative Chemical Facts
- Within 26 seconds after exposure to chemicals such as cleaning products, traces of these chemicals can be found in every organ in the body.
- Over 80 percent of adults and 90 percent of children in the United States have residues of one or more harmful pesticides in their bodies.
- Today 300 synthetic chemicals are found in the bodies of humans. Even newborn babies have synthetic chemicals that have been passed on from their mothers.
- Nationwide, air pollution causes between 50,000 and 100,000 premature deaths per year, soot accounts for a majority of these. Soot is the most deadly air pollutant, accounting for more deaths than homicides or automobile accidents. According to the California Air Resources Board, diesel soot accounts for 70 percent of the cancer risk from toxic air pollution statewide.
- 70,000 synthetic chemicals are in production today. Many are suspected to cause cancer and other diseases, but only 600 have been adequately tested.
- Nationwide (USA), more than 32 million pounds of household cleaning products are poured down the drain daily.
- The FDA cannot require companies to do safety testing on their personal care products before they are sold to the public.
- Only 1% of toxins are required to be listed on labels, because companies classify their formulas as "trade secrets."
- More than 1.4 million Americans exposed to household chemicals were referred to poison control centers in 2001. Cleaning chemicals are the most frequent type of chemicals involved in poisonings reported to 'Poison Control Centers' in the United States. (source: CM Cleaning & Maintenance Management magazine
- Of chemicals commonly found in homes, 150 have been linked to allergies, birth defects, cancer, and psychological abnormalities. -Consumer Product Safety Commission
Do you need an On-line Consultation to help protect your home and environment?