Fluoride in drinking water was originally added in the 1940s to prevent tooth decay, or that was the cover story. The hard truth is that fluoride can do little to nothing to prevent decay. Studies have now shown that fluoride causes dental fluorosis (decreasing density) in 10% of the population! (see photo)
Even more disturbing than the cosmetic impact that fluoride can have on teeth, research is also linking fluoride to cancer (particularly bone cancer), gene mutations, reproductive problems, and neurotoxicity. In fact, in 1999, the EPA's Headquarters Union of Scientists took a stand opposing fluoridation of drinking water supplies. So why is Fluoride still in our city water, toothpaste and so many items? Fluorides have been used to modify behavior and moods of human beings. It is a known fact that fluoride compounds were added to the drinking water of prisoners to keep them docile and inhibit questioning of authority, both in Nazi prison camps in World War II and in the Soviet gulags in Siberia.
FACTS OF FLORIDE:
- Fluoride exposure disrupts the synthesis of collagen and leads to the breakdown of collagen in bone, tendon, muscle, skin, cartilage, lungs, kidney and trachea.
- Fluoride stimulates granule formation and oxygen consumption in white blood cells, but inhibits these processes when the white blood cell is challenged by a foreign agent in the blood.
- As little as 0.2 ppm fluoride stimulates superoxide production in resting white blood cells, virtually abolishing phagocytosis. Fluoride depletes the energy reserves and the ability of white blood cells to properly destroy foreign agents by the process of phagocytosis. Even micro-molar amounts of fluoride, below 1 ppm, may seriously depress the ability of white blood cells to destroy pathogenic agents.
- Fluoride confuses the immune system and causes it to attack the body's own tissues, and increases the tumor growth rate in cancer prone individuals.
- Fluoride inhibits antibody formation in the blood.
- Fluoride depresses thyroid activity.
- Fluorides have a disruptive effect on various tissues in the body.
- Fluoride promotes development of bone cancer.
- Fluorides cause premature aging of the human body.
- Fluoride ingestion from mouth rinses and dentifrices in children is extremely hazardous to biological development, life span and general health.
No matter what your dentist or anyone else has been taught, the facts are more than clear. Fluoride is a dangerous poison that does not belong in the human body. Stop drinking commercial water, stop using toothpaste with fluoride and don't let the dentist use fluoride on your teeth!
Primary Exposure Sources Include: Toothpaste, Tap Water, Infant Formula, Processed Cereals, Soda, Tea, Wine, Beer, Juices, Mechanically de-boned chicken, Fish/Seafood, Teflon on cooking pans, Fluoridated salt, Anesthetics and Cigarettes.
Look for natural toothpaste, however, be careful to read the label and know what you're buying. For instance, beware of sodium monofluorophosphate and sodium lauryl sulfate which are oral care agents linked to neurotoxicity, developmental and reproductive toxicity, and possibly cancer. Many people think their non-fluoride toothpaste is healthy. However, it is much more difficult to find toothpaste that doesn't contain Sodium Laurel Sulfate (originally created as an engine degreaser). The bottom line is that personal care products are not regulated, and those that claim to be natural can be far from it. Look for a simple natural, non-fluoride toothpaste with only familiar ingredients, and skip all of the bells and whistles like "whitening," "enamel strengthening," and "multi-action."
And of course, stop drinking commercial water! Drink steam distilled water or get a whole house reverse osmosis system. Remember you absorb more fluoride in a shower than you do drinking the nasty stuff!