Epithelial Support Remedy
Epithelium is not a system, but it is important enough to have its own remedy because of how vital it is to the body and how many health issues relate directly to problems with Epithelial tissue. Where is it located? It covers the whole surface of the body!
What Does It Do?
- This tissue is specialized to form the covering or lining of all internal and external body surfaces.
- Epithelial cells from the skin protect underlying tissue from mechanical injury, harmful chemicals, invading bacteria and excessive loss of water.
- Specialized epithelial tissue containing sensory nerve endings is found in the skin, eyes, ears, nose and on the tongue.
- In glands, epithelial tissue is specialized to secrete specific chemical substances such as enzymes, hormones and lubricating fluids.
- Certain epithelial cells lining the small intestine absorb nutrients as food is digested.
- Epithelial tissues in the kidneys excrete waste products from the body and reabsorb needed materials from the urine.
- Sweat is excreted from the body by epithelial cells in the sweat glands.
- Simple epithelium promotes the diffusion of gases, liquids and nutrients. Because they form such a thin lining, they are ideal for the diffusion of gases (eg. walls of capillaries and lungs).
- It assists in removing dust particles and foreign bodies which have entered the air passages.
- The smooth, tightly-interlocking, epithelial cells that line the entire circulatory system reduce friction between the blood and the walls of the blood vessels.
Skin diseases are the most obvious type of epithelial tissue disorders. The lining of all hollow organs are also made of this tissue. Common epithelial diseases and disorders include:
- Atopic eczema
- Atopic dermatitis
- Contact dermatitis
- Sweating disorders
- Yeast infections of the mucous membranes
Suggestions To Strengthen
- Do not smoke tobacco.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Do not over expose skin to the sun.
- Only use organic products on your skin.
- Regular exercise keeps circulation to skin healthy.
- Health conditions involving the skin or any Epithelial tissue generally indicate a deeper issue in the intestine. Consider support for the Small, but more likely the Large Intestine.
- Make sure bowels are regular (once per meal) or consider some Bowel Stimulant.