Gum Support Remedy
Healthy gums are a rare thing if you consider that 75% of Americans have some form of gum disease. While gums help to hold your teeth in place, they have a much deeper use in helping to indicate health of the digestive system, specifically the history of body acidity. Acid/alkaline levels are vital to health and maintenance of health and the health of your gums gives you that reflective indication.
If you have gum disease, it is your body's way of showing you that you are overly acidic and headed for more chronic health issues. The most important issue in restoring gum disease is to restore alkalinity, it actually has nothing to do with brushing and flossing! Toothbrushes are a modern invention, so what was mankind designed to do since toothbrushes don't grow on trees? The primitive diet consisted of fresh fruits, vegetables, grains and meats. No refined foods, no sugar, no chemicals, not a lot of things that would make the body excessively acid which leads to gum disease. Obviously smoking and recreational drug use are seriously destructive as well.
- What we munch on, the germs in our mouths lunch on.
- Gums should not bleed upon brushing. This is an indication of a gum inflammation and slight infection;. Sore bleeding gums and pink in the sink are not normal.
- Gingivitis is the mildest form of periodontal disease. It causes the gums to become red, swollen, and bleed easily.
- Periodontitis occurs when gums pull away from the teeth and form spaces (called "pockets") that become infected.
Suggestions To Strengthen
- The most important issue in restoring gum disease is to restore alkalinity. PH of the Stomach is especially important. Make sure you are getting sufficient Enzymes (supplementally or in a diet of raw fruits and vegetables). Consume sufficient water and fiber. If you have a serious gum disorder, you should eat an alkaline diet and ensure all elimination channels are working. Feel free to use fiber supplements to encourage this.
- In addition to working on alkalinity, reports have shown that the gums can be reconnected to the teeth by taking a Vitamin C and Baking Soda solution. Mix one-half teaspoon of ascorbic acid Vitamin C with one-half teaspoon of Arm and Hammer baking soda in a cup with only one inch of water. Let it fizz and then fill the rest of the cup with water and drink that each day. The resulting sodium ascorbate is non-acid, very pure and a thousand times more soluble than vitamin C. Sodium ascorbate is more active than ascorbic acid (vitamin C) in building connective tissue and antibody structures and more effective in killing some viruses and bacteria.
- Receding gums and plaque are stopped when soap is used for brushing (in place of tooth paste) and vitamin C is taken daily.