Prostate Support Remedy
The Prostate is an organ forming part of the male reproductive system. It is located immediately below the bladder and just in front of the bowel. Its main function is to produce fluid which protects and enriches sperm. In younger men the prostate is about the size of a walnut. It is doughnut shaped and surrounds the beginning of the urethra, the tube that conveys urine from the bladder to the penis.
There are four main disorders of the prostate (listed under Health Conditions below). All can have similar symptoms, which may include one or more of the following. Most men tend to accept the onset of one or more of these symptoms as being a natural consequence of ageing, but it is not necessary to accept that. Every symptom has a cause, it is much better to find it and fix it than to accept it!
Symptoms of prostate troubles include:
- Waking frequently at night to urinate
- Sudden or urgent need to urinate
- Difficulty in starting to urinate
- Slow flow of urine and difficulty in stopping
- Discomfort when urinating
- Painful ejaculation
- Blood in the urine or semen
- Decrease in libido (sex urge)
- Reduced ability to get an erection
Digital Rectal Examination. Prostate massage is part of the digital rectal examination (DRE) routinely given to men by urologists in order to look for nodules of prostate cancer and to obtain an expressed prostatic secretion (EPS) specimen for microscopy and microbiological culture to screen for prostatitis. Prostate massage was once the most popular therapeutic maneuver used to treat prostatitis. According to the Prostatitis Foundation, "it used to be, in the age before antibiotics (before about 1960 for prostatitis), doctors performed massage when their patients had prostatitis. In some cases it was enough to cure them of the disease. ... it was taken out of common practice with the advent of antibiotics. It's much easier to prescribe a pill and send the patient home."
However, according to WebMD, in many prostatitis cases antibiotics do not work because the swelling and inflammation caused by the infection closes off the acini (or sacs). This causes the acini not to "shed" bacteria and protects the bacteria inside from antibiotics and the body's own immune cells.
Continuing research in emerging medical communities, published articles in non-medical circles, and anecdotal evidence on the Internet show that there is still interest in the technique as alternative therapy. In China, a 2008 survey of 627 urologists found that prostate massage is used prevalently as a nonpharmacological therapy for chronic prostatitis.
- The prostate gland is the size of a pea at birth and grows to the size of a walnut in the male adult, that's about one inch by three quarters of an inch by one and a half inches (2.5 cm by 1.9 cm by 3.75 cm).
- The nerves that control erections surround the prostate.
- Prostatitis is simply inflammation (swelling) of the prostate. It can cause discomfort deep inside the pelvis - all the time or when passing urine or with ejaculation. It can be painful and can spread to other areas of the pelvis.
- Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH) or enlargement (BHE) is quite common in men from age 50 onwards. If the enlargement is sufficient to squeeze the urethra, which passes through the prostate, difficulties with urination may occur. BHP is quite common, the cause should be identified and corrected or more developed cases may require an operation to widen the urethral passage. This is known as a transurethral resection of the prostate (TURP).
- Prostatodynia is chronic prostate disease. There are usually no clear signs of infection or inflammation but there may be pain or discomfort in the pelvic region.
- Prostate Cancer is the only one of the four disorders that is potentially life-threatening. One of the greatest causes for concern is that many prostate cancers develop without men experiencing any symptoms. Every year, around 18,700 Australian men are diagnosed and more than 3,000 die of the disease, making prostate cancer the second largest cause of male cancer deaths, after lung cancer. Almost one man in eleven will develop prostate cancer during his lifetime. The best home monitor for any cancer is morning urine pH. Prostate cancer is usually one of the slower growing cancers so there is usually time to get the pH where it should be, add some detox to eliminate the cause of the cancer and resolve the problem without complications.
Suggestions To Strengthen
- Do not over-stimulate the mind with sexual books, shows, etc.
- Reduce intake of commercial meats and dairy that contains hormones.
- Establish closer relationships where you can show and feel love. This is not a sexual love, but the kind of love that is bonding and nurturing.