Scorpion Detox Information
There are 1500 scorpion species, but only 50 are dangerous to humans. Scorpion stings cause a wide range of conditions from severe local skin reactions to neurologic, respiratory, and cardiovascular collapse. The venom from most scorpions results in a simple and painful, local reaction. The 'unpleasant' scorpions in North America are typically found in Arizona, New Mexico and on the Californian side of the Colorado River, whereas the other North American species are fairly harmless. The potency of the venom varies with the species, some produce only a mild flu and others produce death within an hour.
The estimated annual number of scorpion stings is 1.2 million leading to 3,250 deaths (0.27%). For every person killed by a poisonous snake, 10 are killed by a poisonous scorpion. In Mexico, 1000 deaths from scorpion stings occur per year. In the United States, only 4 deaths in 11 years have occurred as a result of scorpion stings. Scorpions can also be found outside their normal habitat, like when they crawl into luggage, boxes, containers, or shoes and are unwittingly transported home via human travelers.
A Sting Victim Describes It As:
- (no hospital visit required)
- little bumps around the sting site
- sharp pain up through my armpit
- a feeling like your throat is closing (but it isn't)
- numbness everywhere... "As the night progressed, my whole face was numb and I couldn't focus on anything."
- tingling, like when your foot falls asleep, but you can't wake it up.
- After 6 to 8 hours the problems and symptoms related to the scorpion sting started to dissipate. Twelve hours after being stung by the scorpion, I still had numb feet, hands, nose and ears. Those effects remained for a large part of the next day. My feet were the last to feel normal, soaking them in a spa helped. According to Poison Control, some of the numbness can last several weeks.
A scorpion sting should be considered serious if malaise, sweating, heart palpitations, rise in blood pressure, salivation, nausea, vomiting and diarrhea occur. These symptoms should be treated in a similar way to snake bites and a doctor should be consulted as quickly as possible. A serious allergy to the venom is occurring if reactions like blurring of vision, unconsciousness, convulsions, drop in blood pressure, or shock. Consequently the threat of death may occur.
Our Scorpion Detox Remedy works as an antidote to the varying concentrations of neurotoxin, cardiotoxin, nephrotoxin, hemolytic toxin, phosphodiesterases, phospholipases, hyaluronidases, glycosaminoglycans, histamine, serotonin, tryptophan, and cytokine releasers which cause the typical neuromuscular, neuroautonomic, or local tissue reactions. It also balances the voltage dependent sodium and potassium channels. These act as moderators for the typical venom reaction and release of excessive neurotransmitters such as epinephrine, norepinephrine, acetylcholine, glutamate, and aspartate. Meanwhile, the short polypeptide neurotoxin blocks the potassium channels.
Remember that our Liquid Detox is one of the most effective remedies for treating/healing bites and wounds. It is powerful at helping reduce pain, swelling and itching, and is very effective at preventing infection. You can apply it directly to the bite or wound or soak the absorbent part of a band aid (3-5 drops) in Liquid Detox and apply it to the bite or wound.